Awards and accolades103–3
Awards of MMC Norilsk Nickel
Safety and security:
- letter of gratitude from the Russian Union of Industrialists and Entrepreneurs (RSPP) for a significant contribution to improving industrial safety regulations and creating a favourable investment climate;
- 16th National IT Leader Award 2018 in the Non-Ferrous Metallurgy category for introducing personnel and machinery positioning and radiocommunication systems at Zapolyarny Mine.
- letter of recognition from the Russian President for the contribution to the Year of the Environment in Russia;
- certificate of honour from the Federation Council for a major contribution to reducing the environmental impact;
- ranked by RAEX rating agency as the winner of the Business Leaders: Environmental Expenses nomination;
- Best Environmental Volunteer Team (Let’s Do It environmental marathon award).
- Vladimir Putin, President of the Russian Federation, honoured Nornickel’s employees with government awards for the construction of a fibre optic communication line between Novy Urengoy and Norilsk;
- Annual Innovation Time 2018 award (Follow Up Siberia! international communication initiative won the Project of the Year in the Mass Media and Mass Communications category);
- grand prize of the Skolkovo Trend Award 2018 for corporate educational initiatives;
- HR Brand of the Year award by HeadHunter and RBC Media Group (the corporate volunteering programme won the Big Heart nomination);
- Russia’s Best Employers ranking by HeadHunter and RBC Media Group (winner in the Best Employer in the Russian metals and mining industry category);
- GRADUATE AWARDS 2018 (the Company's School of Urban Competencies project won the nation-wide competition as the Best Schoolchildren Engagement Programme);
- ranked fifth by RAEX rating agency in the Business Leaders: Social Partnership category;
- Leaders of Corporate Charity (special award for the efficient management of charitable programmes);
- Leaders of Corporate Charity in Siberia regional competition award (ranked first for the consistent approach to corporate charity management);
- Leaders of Corporate Charity in Siberia regional competition award (the Company’s Convention of Social Entrepreneurs from the North project won the Best Programme to Promote Local Communities category);
- Leaders of Corporate Charity in Siberia regional competition award (Kola MMC won the Evaluation of Charity Approach special category);
- letter of gratitude from the Russian Cerebral Palsy Football Federation for supporting athletes with disabilities.
- RSPP’s 2017 Leaders of Russian Business: Dynamics and Responsibility contest (winner in the High Quality of Reporting on Sustainable Development nomination);
- winner of the 21st Annual Report Competition held by the Moscow Exchange and RCB Media Group in the Best CSR and Sustainability Report category;
- MarCom international public reporting award (the Company’s Sustainability Report received the Platinum Awards Statuette in the Best Report and the Best Design nominations);
- RAEX rating agency's award (the Sustainability Report won the Best Design of CSR Report category);
- Deloitte's Green Frog Award for the Sustainability Report;
- 2017 Sustainability Report short-listed for Corporate Register Reporting Awards 2019 (CRRA 2019).
Corporate governance and innovations:
- Nornickel is on Forbes’ Top 100 Most Innovative Companies list;
- Nornickel is a Top 10 company in the ESG ranking by RAEX;
- 8th All-Russian Corporate Governance Forum award (Roger Munnings, Chairman of the Audit and Sustainable Development Committee, won the Chairman of the Audit Committee nomination);
- Extel Survey 2018 award (Sergey Malyshev, Nornickel’s Senior Vice President, recognised as the best CFO in the European metals and mining industry);
- Extel Survey 2018 award for the Best Corporate IR among European and Russian metals and mining companies;
- Best Corporate Website winner at the 2018 Corporate & Financial Awards.